PURPOSE OF JOB
Primarily a sales position, the Technology Sales Area Representative maximizes sales by leveraging strong selling skills while assisting customers in Capital Goods (Divisions 1, 2, 3).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maximizes sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs.
• Provides coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require and as associate training supports.
• Communicating regularly with their Manager to maximize sales.
• Maintains company merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, plan-o-grams, promotional planners, ad set-ups and displays.
• Capable to follow RUSCOMP procedures effectively as required in Technology.
• Properly secures all company assets and physical inventory.
• Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
• Maintains general cleanliness of all areas, including receiving area, lunchroom and washrooms as assigned, according to company standards.
• Checks all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
• Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
• Ensures the proper use and care of all equipment.
• Associate is expected to maintain a safe working environment and follow all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
• As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrates leadership tendencies.
• Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
• Ability to engage customers in a friendly and professional manner.
• Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize effectively and efficiently.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties but should not be construed as being a complete description of all of the work requirements. There will be tasks that are necessary and incidental to the job as described above which are inherent in the position and which may also be required.
• Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
• Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
• A significant amount of effort is required while stocking shelves and placing merchandise, however, there is flexibility in choosing when to stop and relax.
• Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
• A moderate level of concentration is required while restocking according to plan-o-grams, however, there is flexibility in choosing when to stop and typically does not exceed more than two consecutive hours at a time.
• Three months to one year of previously related experience is preferred.
• Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.