We are hiring for numerous customer service positions in several departments. For example, Information (plant specialist) customer service, cashiers, courtesy clerks, shippers & receivers, stock clerks, patio clerks, pet store clerks and greenhouse clerks are just a few positions in our retail garden centre.
Potential candidates should possess:
- A positive and professional attitude. A practical dress code is in place.
- A strong interest towards customer service. Each customer should always be treated in a polite, prompt and courteous manner. A smile and a sense of humour are mandatory.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A flexible schedule that includes day, evening and weekend availability during our business hours. Work hours may vary somewhat depending on weather and season.
- The ability to adjust to a fluctuating environment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Previous retail sales, computer and cash handling experience are an asset.
- Information Clerks: a horticultural background or a strong desire to learn. A pesticide dispenser or applicator license is an asset for this position.
- Shipping and Receiving Department: A clean class 5 Drivers license and forklift experience is necessary.
Duties can include plant maintenance, sales, unloading trucks, merchandising and general customer service. Applicants must be able to tolerate seasonal temperature variations, long periods of standing, bending, and repetitive moderate lifting.
This is a great opportunity for those who favour seasonal employment.
We kindly thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.